Bio of Dr. Blais D.C. only Family Atlas Orthogonal Board Certified in Nebraska.
In 1991, after 16 years of teaching physical education (K-8th) on Martha’s Vineyard, the school system had a plastic residue based floor poured that was toxic to Dr. Blais. Within the year he was diagnosed with daily headaches, a high liver panel, allergies to every food and environmental stimulant, irritable bowel syndrome, leaky gut syndrome, candida/yeast and parasitic infections, and weight loss (from 142 to 122 pounds). He tried most of what the medical paradigm had to offer and then every “miracle” supplement, without much success. He was on almost every diet you can name including macrobiotic, rotational, gluten free, wheat free, and one that included nothing but Mouton, white rice, and salt. Dr. Blais has first introduced to atlas orthogonal chiropractic in 1999 when he was 44 years old. He was still trying to find a technique that would help him recover from nine years of chronic fatigue syndrome. It was not until he was in chiropractic school and discovered atlas orthogonal care and bio-resonance therapy that he began to regain his health. At the present time, he is back to his 141 pounds and has approximately 85% of his energy. The nine years of searching has made Dr. Blais a better doctor and has given him insight into the needs of chronically ill patients.
Dr. Blais grew up in northern Vermont and later received a Bachelor of Science in Education degree from the University of Vermont. After his years as an educator, he left the teaching profession to begin his chiropractic education in hopes of finding techniques that could help him regain his health. After graduating from Palmer Chiropractic in 1998, Dr. Blais worked in the Davenport, Iowa, area for approximately 1 and 1/2 years. The last six months of that time was spent training with an atlas orthogonal mentor at Harmony Chiropractic in Rock Island, Illinois. In the summer of 2000, Dr. Blais purchased a chiropractic practice in Blair, Nebraska. His wife of 40 years, a Kansas native, wanted to be closer to her parents.
- 2003-2004 – Spine Research Institute of San Diego. Whiplash & Brain Injury Traumatology, Modules 1-4
- 2003 – Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic. Board Certified Atlas Orthogonal.
- 1998 – Palmer College of Chiropractic. Doctorate of Chiropractic. President’s List Top 15%, Cum Laude. Interned for Dr. Mally’s Extremity Adjusting for two trimesters.
- 1977 – University of Vermont. Bachelor of Science. Who’s Who in Colleges and Universities
- 2000 to present Owner/Chiropractor, Midwest Chiropractic. Blair, Nebraska
- 1/2000 – 7/2000: Associate chiropractor, Harmony Chiropractic. Rock Island, Illinois.
- 1999: Associate chiropractor, Frogley’s Chiropractic. Davenport, Iowa.
- 1979-1993: Physical Education Teacher, Edgarton Elementary. Edgarton, Massachusetts
Licensures & Certifications
- Nebraska State Chiropractic License
- Atlas Orthogonal Board Certified
- National Certification in Acupuncture
- Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting (Dr. Berg)
Associations & Memberships
- American Chiropractic Association
- Nebraska Chiropractic Physicians Association